Industry experts, researchers and policymakers from around the world will gather for the 11th annual New Horizons in Responsible Gambling Conference, offered by the British Columbia Lottery Corp. (BCLC) Monday through Wednesday, March 6-8, in Vancouver, B.C., Canada.
Focused on the theme of reconnection and rediscovery, the conference will begin with a dual keynote address from Dr. James Makokis and Anthony Johnson, the first Two-Spirit team to compete and win in the Amazing Race Canada. The pair received national attention for their participation in the show and for raising awareness of the need for equal access for underserved populations.
The conference also features 13 sessions, including:
- The “Self-Exclusion” Puzzle: Putting the Pieces Together
- Piloting a Financial Literacy Education Campaign for Safer Gambling
- GameSense Licensing: Collaborating Around a Unified Responsible Gambling Program
- Understanding Emerging Forms of Gambling
- What We Know About Winners and How We Can Support Them
- The Power of Player Education in Responsible Gambling
- Addressing Stigma (For Real)
- Regulatory Views from Here and Abroad
- Omnichannel Approach to Responsible Gambling at MGM Resorts and BetMGM
- Healthy Play: Our Common Goal
- Remote Voluntary Self-Exclusion and Digital Marketing of Online Support
- Evolving Supports for Players at Risk: Canada’s Leadership Opportunities
For more information and to register for BCLC’s New Horizons 2023, visit newhorizonsrg.bclc.com.