The sixth Casino Esports Conference will take place at the Alexis Park Resort in Las Vegas, March 23-24.
Co-founded by Ben and Ari Fox, the event will look at the growing phenomenon of esports, which Ari Fox called “an expansion of the video-gaming industry that goes beyond video gaming … into the concepts of the metaverse and how you create an experience” and how the casino industry can “connect with its future audience on a 24/7 basis.”
Topics will include evolving casino and iGaming regulations, peer-to-peer wagering, cryptocurrency, and markets where esports are taking hold.
“This year’s event is important, because we’re talking about a lot of things that have come out of the pandemic that (casinos) need to incorporate immediately,” Fox said. “It’s everything involved with NFTs and how to attract younger audiences and cryptocurrency and the landscape of the video-game industry that’s changing so rapidly.
“All the states have grasped onto incorporating sports wagering, because of the repeal of PASPA, and it’s gaining a lot of traction,” he continued. “Nevada missed with iGaming and others took it on, but this is a new opportunity in the casino space to create an immersive experience for people to be active 24/7. That even helps expand their reach in esports wagering.”
Among the speakers will be:
- Tyler Bushnell, CEO and co-founder of Polycade, a modern arcade platform for in-person social gaming and son of Atari founder Nolan Bushnell
- Robert Heller, CEO of Spectrum Gaming Capital
- Laila Mintas, former CEO of PlayUp Inc.
- Giovanna Fessenden, an intellectual-property attorney and esports legal expert
- Larry Jaeger, CEO of Sponsors Burst Esports and founder of 24-Z Esports Consulting
- Tael Tamar, co-CEO of SolidBlock
- Allied Esports CEO and director Frank Ng
- Fifth Street Gaming Chairman Seth Schorr; and many others.
For more information and to register, visit casinoesportconf.com.