Global Gaming Business Magazine (GGB) today announced its annual 25 People to Watch list (PTW) for 2022.
It’s the 20th anniversary of this popular feature published every year in the January issue. Honorees are recognized for their past accomplishments and their upcoming potential actions that will have an important impact on gaming in 2022 and beyond.
For the first time in its history, there are more women and minorities than men on the list, an acknowledgement of the increasing importance of women and minorities to the future of the gaming industry.
The cover of the January issue features Jette Nygaard-Andersen, the CEO of Entain, one of the world’s leading companies involved in digital gaming.
Nygaard-Andersen told GGB Publisher Roger Gros that she’s excited about the future for Entain, which is a partner in the BetMGM company that is grabbing a larger market share in U.S. sports betting. She also outlines Entain’s strategy on esports, land-based betting shops and casinos, and explains the company’s efforts to embrace diversity and address responsible gaming in new and effective manners.
Once an individual is named a member of the prestigious People to Watch class, he or she cannot be considered again. Just some of the PTW alumni are Bill Hornbuckle, Rob Goldstein, Erika Nardini, Peter Carlino, Linda Chen, Gavin Isaacs, Valerie Spicer, Pansy Ho, Dick Haddrill, Mark Macarro, Jay Snowden, Bobby Baldwin, Bill Paulos, Ron Allen, Bobby Soper, Larry Woolf, Tony Marnell, Jim Allen, Joe Pappano, Keith Smith, Kazuo Okada, John Acres, Andrew Pascal, John Connelly, Francis Lui, Andrew MacDonald, Stanley Crooks, Tim Wilmott, Ramesh Srinivasan, Anthony Sanfilippo, Cath Burns, Jason Giles, Stephen Crosby, Anna Sainsbury, Matt Davey, Paul Steelman, Ed Tracy, Marco Sala, David Lopez, Cody Martinez, Jay Snowden, Simon Thomas, Michael Soll, Mark Birtha, Jeff Hamilton, Kristian Nylen and many, many more.
For a full list of the 500 honorees over the past 20 years, visit GGBMagazine.com.
The selections for People to Watch are made by the GGB Editorial Advisory Board, a collection of some of the most knowledgeable and connected people in the gaming industry. Nominees came from all aspects of the gaming business—land-based and online operators and suppliers, regulators, attorneys, tribal government officials, public officials, academics and much more.
“We’re proud that for the first time women and minorities dominate our People to Watch list,” says Gros. “And our board wants to stress that every honoree this year deserves the accolades for what they’ve accomplished, not because of their gender or race. This bodes well for the future of gaming around the world.”
GGB’S PEOPLE TO WATCH 2022
- Jason Ader, Managing Partner, SpringOwl Asset Management LLC
- Johnny Aitken, Chief Executive Officer, PointsBet U.S.
- Julie Brinkerhoff, President, Lifescapes International
- Mary Cheeks, President & General Manager, Jamul Casino
- Rob Cinelli, General Manager, Sycuan Casino Resort
- Alex Dixon, Chief Executive Officer, Q Casino (Frank
- Brianne Doura-Schawohl, Vice President of U.S. Policy & Strategic Development, Epic Risk Management
- Susan Hensel, Partner, Hensel Grad
- Jenny Holaday, President, Encore Boston
- Jan Jones Blackhurst, Board Member, Caesars Entertainment
- Marie Jones, Partner, Fox Rothschild
- Brenda Lavell, Chairwoman, Table Mountain Rancheria
- Laura Lee, Chief Human Resources Officer, MGM Resorts
- Kate Lowenhar-Fisher, Executive Vice President, Chief Legal Officer – General Counsel, Everi Holdings Inc.
- Cheryl Moss, Retired Judge State of Nevada District Court and Gambling Treatment Diversion Court
- Jette Nygaard-Andersen, Chief Executive Officer, Entain
- Arthur Piatkowski, President, ICRG
- Ray Pineault, Chief Executive Officer, Mohegan Gaming & Entertainment
- Keith Sheldon, President of Entertainment, Hard Rock International
- Marek Suchar, Esports Betting Services; MD Partnerships, Oddin.gg
- Dan Real, Regional President, Caesars Entertainment
- Brian Reynolds, Senior Vice President of Operations, Resorts World New York
- Gil Rotem, iGaming President, IGT
- Dermot Smurfit, Chief Executive Officer, GAN
- Jennifer Togliatti, Chairwoman, Nevada Gaming Commission
About GGB: Global Gaming Business magazine, a division of Casino Connection International, is the leading monthly gaming trade publication focusing on the international casino industry and the only U.S.-based gaming trade publication covering commercial, tribal and online gaming. GGB is the only gaming trade magazine in the world that publishes a physical magazine every month to go along with its superior online content, which includes the weekly e-newsmagazine GGB News. Casino Connection International also publishes the annual publications: Tribal Government Gaming, Casino Style and Progressive Products Preview (P3). Distributed to 14,000 of the industry’s most important executives around the world, as well as public officials, regulators, attorneys and Native American governments, GGB magazine is the casino industry’s complete source for gaming business information. For more information, contact info@GGBMagazine.com.