Although Las Vegas casinos have reopened, the live 2020 Global Gaming Exposition was canceled this year due to concerns regarding Covid-19. However, G2E’s Virtual Experience will kick off Wednesday, October 14, followed by most major events on Tuesday, October 27 and Wednesday, October 28. The in-person event was scheduled for October 5 through October 8 at the Las Vegas Sands Expo & Convention Center; it may return next year at the same location, October 4 through October 7.
The first annual G2E was held in 2001, sponsored by the American Gaming Association and Reed Exhibitions. It began with 375 exhibitors and 10,000 attendees and since then has tripled in size, spun off the annual G2E Asia and partnered with ICE London.
The complete Virtual Experience will cost $125, including a $25 donation to the International Center for Responsible Gaming. Much of the content will be available for free, such as the October 14 Kickoff Session, featuring a free hour-long panel discussion on “Leading Through Covid-19: Real Conversations on Resilience.” Panelists will include moderator Brian Christopher, social influencer for BCSlots.com; Justin Carter, general manager at Hollywood Casino Toledo; Kathy George, chief executive officer at Firekeepers Casino Hotel; and Laura Stensgar, chief executive officer at Coeur d’Alene Casino Resort & Hotel.
Afterward, badge holders may check out the 30-minute G2E Product Spotlight. Three similar 15-minute sessions will be offered during Virtual Experience.
During the two weeks between the kickoff and the expo, attendees may book meetings together, find vendors with relevant products and determine which sessions are of interest. Paid attendees also will have unlimited access to an archived copy of all sessions, making it easier and more convenient to review the daily content, including eight discussions over two days.
Panels Tuesday, October 27 will focus on:
- Tribal Gaming: Leadership Roundtable
- Fan of the Future? How Leagues Are Capitalizing on Sports Betting Through Partnerships
- How Payments Modernization Advances Responsible Gaming
- Online Gaming: Is Your State Next?
- C-Suite Women In Gaming;
- Reopening Nevada: Leading Gaming’s Reopening
- New Frontiers: Expanding Sports Betting to New States and Creating a Meaningful Consumer Experience
- Pandemic or Not: How Consumer Attitudes and Behavior Are Changing
On Wednesday, October 28, panels will discuss:
- Women & Gaming; the Future Is Here
- Payments Modernization
- Where Do We Go From Here? Part I: How Each Market Has Reopened
- Sports Betting in Tribal Nations
- Gaming During the Pandemic—Views From Across the Industry
- The Operators’ Guide to Omnichannel Systems
- Where Do We Go From Here? Part 2: The Regulatory Response
- Evolving Sports Betting Research Trends: What Is the Consumer Thinking?
To register, go to https://www.globalgamingexpo.com/Register/.